Wednesday, March 09, 2016

RGD - Hugz-are-fun + Alistairs

I did two Reddit portraits.
The first was a small watercolour sketch of Hugz-are-fun, which I think came out nicely, though I could probably have been more decisive with the colouring. To be honest I should have just done a larger image, I was planning on trying to do something a lot more simplified and stylised but could pull it off and found it was too small to add more detail.

The second wasn't actually from r/redditgetsdrawn. It was from a similar sub r/redditgetsdrawnbadly. It has the same idea (you post your picture, people draw or paint them) as r/redditgetsdrawn except the quality is more uneven and there are no expectations. There are still people who are amazing doing stuff in r/redditgetsdrawnbadly, but in r/redditgetsdrawn, everyone is amazing. Except me when I post, or at least that's how I feel. It means I don't feel quite so insecure which is nice, and I am hoping it will make it easier for me to experiment instead of just producing bad attempts at likenesses.
I drew Alistairs, and I didn't have much time so I just did a quick pencil sketch without trying too hard. It came out ok, though it doesn't look like her and I didn't abstract it at all. Still if it were r/redditgetsdrawn I am not sure I would have had the courage to post it but I had not problem here and I actually got replies to my post saying how good it is.

No comments: